The following list includes all markers that South Carolina Department of Archives and History (SCDAH) has approved since the program’s establishment in 1936, as well as markers previously erected by the S.C. Historical Commission. Markers known to have been removed or relocated are noted accordingly. Recently approved markers may not yet have been installed. Marker inscriptions have been transcribed as faithfully as possible, including any typographical errors and inconsistencies in style. Relevant information (e.g. sponsor, year of approval) not inscribed on the marker has been included in footnotes as much as practical. The numbers by each entry correspond to Clarendon County marker’s county code and the order in which it was approved. These numbers do not appear on many earlier markers.
(Please click on the button below to see a listing of Clarendon County Historical Markers)